Monday, April 30, 2012

Finally Recordings on my Steinway!

This is one of the times I've recorded on my Steinway. Really hard to get quiet time. I got one shot and no more tries due to noise.
I know, Piano needs to be tuned.

I really liked recording on the Steinway. I used a BIAB backing track I made and amplified it in the room via a PA and recorded using the Zoom H4. It sounds live. No special microphones. I just put the Zoom H4 on the middle of the music desk and pointed into the strings and that's it. I did add post recording reverb on Audacity.

Sugar
http://www.box.com/s/bad1ba7ae8bf58dad04e
This second one I was reluctant to post since I was just doing a test run and I lost myself in the form a couple of times. It's in Cm which I got used to from accompanying a singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment