Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quick Recording

Someone asked to me to record Bye Bye Blackbird -- which I didn't know. Well I know it from listening to Jarrett but I've never played it. So I looked at the changes, turned on the recorder and here you have it. I didn't have time to be smart and inventive, I was just making sure I made the changes. This would be akin to getting a Leadsheet at a jam session and then seconds later, someone calls ..1...2...1234.

(Happens a lot actually and it's amazing for developing focus).

Anyway the goal of recording this was to see if I was able to incorporate some bop elements into my playing. Was I successful? I don't know. Lines are longer than would be typical of me now.

Bye Bye Blackbird
http://www.box.com/s/zcgeuuzevtlk1ssuv3g4

It's pretty easy though.

PS I don't know how to play the melody. Just BSing my way through it...

No comments:

Post a Comment